|Personal RX Spiritual Exam - Do you ever wonder about your personal salvation? Do you feel uncertain about the future? God wants you to have assurance! John says, "These things have I written . . . that you may know that you have eternal life" (1 John 5:13). To assess your spiritual condition, answer the following questions with a True or False response (check one).
1. [True False ] - I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God and accept His sacrificial death on my behalf! (1 John 4:2; John 3:16). Through Jesus I have forgiveness and spiritual healing. (Healthy Christians acknowledge their dependence upon God for deliverance from sin).
2. [True False ] - Jesus has my heart! (Matthew 6:21). I love to think and talk about Him. (Spiritually fit Christians make room for Jesus because they enjoy His presence).
3. [True False ] - I'm following God's leading! (Proverbs 3:5,6). It's kind of scary letting God take charge, but I know's working all things out for my good. (Through obedience, healthy Christians integrate new discoveries and directions from God into their lives).
4. [True False ] - I spend time each day reading God's Word! (Psalm 119:105; 2 Timothy 2:15). There are so many theories and beliefs floating around, I need the authority of God's moral code. (Spiritual wellness is enhanced when Christians take time to renew their minds with God's thoughts).
5. [True False ] - I spend time each day communicating with God through prayer and meditation (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18). I talk with God as to a friend, and share my deepest longings and needs. I also lift the needs of others up to God and intercede in their behalf. (Spiritual health includes daily, open communication with God).
6. [True False ] - I enjoy being with God's people! (John 13:35; Hebrews 10:25). Love for fellow believers is evidence that I'm a disciple of Christ. (Healthy Christians are part of a Christian fellowship who meet regularly for worship and interaction).
7. [True False ] - I look for opportunities to share my story! (Mark 16:15; Mark 5:20). God does so much in my life, I simply have to tell someone! (Spiritual wellness is evident when Christ's followers intentionally pursue a plan to share their stories).
8. [True False ] - I'm growing in my walk with Jesus! (2 Peter 1:5-11; John 16:13). When I think I've learned it all, I discover something new and exciting! It never ends! (Healthy Christians aren't satisfied with staying where they are. They invite God's Spirit to continue His work in their lives).
9. [True False ] - I enjoy God's peace on a regular basis! (Matthew 11:28; John 14:27; Romans 5:1). Whenever I get uptight and worry, I remember Jesus' offer to take all my cares. (Spiritual wellness is enhanced when Christ's followers ask Him to carry their heartaches, worries and fears).
10. [True False ] - All of my known sins (against God and others) have been confessed! (I John 1:9: Luke 19:8). It's hard confessing my faults to others (those I have wronged), but God requires it for my well-being. (Healthy Christians don't have skeletons in their closets).
11. [True False ] - I'm going to heaven! (John 14:1-3; 1 John 5:13). I have the assurance I'll be there to enjoy eternal life with Jesus! (Spiritual wellness includes a healthy outlook on the future. Even death cannot separate Christians from their hope of eternal life).