You have a destination | Navigations
Find Your Purpose
Life's biggest challenge is to find out why you were born. Whether you realize it or not you are here for a reason! Even if your birth was an "accident," God has a mission for your life that no one else can fill. Some of the most miserable people in the world are those who either don't believe this, or who have not yet discovered their purpose. Living without purpose leads to all manner of evils that people inflict upon themselves and others.
Recently, as I struggled to understand my journey, I tried to articulate what I believed God wanted me to be and do. What resulted is a series of statements that help me focus on how to find and fulfill my life purpose, one day at a time.
Today, as I seek to understand God's purpose for my life, I will . . .
1. Listen for His voice, respond to His desires and praise His name.
2. Use my gifts and possessions to make someone else's life a little easier.
3. Be authentic, reject mediocrity and pursue creativity.
4. Demand more of myself than I do of others.
5. Learn something new and pass it on.
6. Challenge the status quo, question the rules, and take time to dream.
7. Plan for tomorrow, but understand that "life" happens today.
8. Find a tangible way to express gratitude to a family member or friend.
9. Take care of myself.
10. Be self-forgiving when I fail to measure up to my own expectations.
God is eager for you to test His promise: "I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you." (Psalm 32:8)
Prescription: Create some space for reflective thought and ask God to help you understand your life purpose. Make a list of your gifts and abilities. Jot down a series of short life statements that reflect your convictions and ideals. Assemble these into a statement of purpose for daily reference. Be open to change and make adjustments as God leads.
Copyright © 2013. Written by Rich DuBose, Westlake Village, CA.